Getting married or know someone who is? Why not celebrate their love and marriage by giving a gift to NCLR in their honor.
It’s easy and simple to do, and your gift will have a lasting impact—it will help NCLR continue to do all of the much-needed life-and law-changing work yet ahead of us.
If you are getting married …
If you are getting married, you can direct your guests and friends to make gifts in your honor to NCLR in lieu of, or in addition to, giving gifts to you.
- Register your marriage with us by emailing Development@NCLRights.org. Please include both spouses’ full names, full mailing address, and wedding date.
- Simply direct your guests to this donation page where they can donate in your honor online.
- Your guests will be able to send you an eCard to notify you of their gift if they provide your email address, or they will receive a notecard in the mail that they can send or present to you to announce their gift in your honor.
- Here is some sample language you can use on your invitation or announcement. You can also download and print insert cards directing gifts to NCLR or feel free to edit and personalize the language below:
“Please make donations to the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR), which won us the right to marry nationwide in 2015, and has been working tirelessly to achieve marriage equality for every LGBT person across the country. You can give a gift in our name at www.NCLRights.org”
- Provide a wedding form for your guests to fill out and drop in the mail.
- At any time, you can contact NCLR at Development@NCLRights.org and request a gift report to help keep track of your thank you list!
If someone you know is getting married…
Celebrate and honor your friends’ or family members’ marriage with a gift to NCLR in the couple’s name.