NCLR is working to secure the freedom to marry for all same-sex couples, and to ensure that the rights of unmarried couples and couples in civil unions and domestic partnerships are fully respected. Please contact NCLR today if you:
- Have questions about marriage, domestic partnerships, or civil unions in your state.
- Have questions about your rights and steps you can take to protect your relationship even if you are not married or in a civil union/domestic partnership.
- Have questions about your rights as a married same-sex couple if you move to another state that does not recognize your marriage.
- Have been denied spousal benefits by your employer or other governmental or private benefits arising out of your marriage, civil union, or domestic partnership.
- Have faced discrimination or harassment because of your marriage, civil union, or domestic partnership.
- Have questions about terminating your marriage, civil union, or domestic partnership.